Donor Unit Officer- DUO
Reporting To : Donor Unit Coordinator- DUC
1. About ADEW
The Association for the Development and Enhancement of Women (ADEW) began in 1987 as the dream of a group of young Egyptian activists. Over the years, ADEW has become a leading feminist NGO committed to promoting women’s development and rights in the social, legal and economic spheres.
From its inception, ADEW distinguished itself through its commitment to promoting the rights of marginalized women and challenging traditional taboos and models. ADEW was the first NGO to address the needs of Female Heads of Households (FHH) and identify them as a distinct target group.
2. Job Description
The role of the Donor Unit Officer is to ensure that the donor unit to meet its fundraising goals and reporting requirements. This includes research from the field offices, writing proposals and reports, data collection, and compiling needed information from program managers and others within the organization and conducting regular field visits to ensure that projects are taking place in accordance with projects' plan of action. The position is a combination of administrative and development writing experience to successfully complete required tasks.
3. Responsibilities & Duties
||% of time
1. Communication & Fund raising
• Identify and contact new funding possibilities thin include but not limited to international donors, banks, business men and CSR community.
• Creating, planning, implementation, management and oversight of all aspects related to fundraising for the organization.
• Identifying donor opportunities, develop donor database, respond to donors' call for proposals, develop grant proposals, write appeals, represent the organization at donor meetings and undertake follow-up of potential funding opportunities.
• Contribute new ideas for fundraising and identify suitable funding initiatives, calls for proposals etc.
• Online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
• Assist in developing communications material for the organization such as brochure, website, annual report, and posters.
• Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
• Ensure effective management of donor-funded projects and contractual relationships
• Provide and monthly plan and monthly reports on achievements.
• Coordinate with project managers, financial controller, technical staff to provide technical guidance and ensure the implementation of activities in accordance with the plan of action.
• Develop the overall framework for the projects, for example, annual project reviews, participatory needs assessment, lessons-learned and success stories.
• Draft and produce (interim &final) narrative reports as requested by the Donor Unit Coordinator or donors.
• Participating in monitoring visits and consultation/s on the progress of programs on regular bases as well as to provide guidance to ensure M&E plans are consistent with the plan of action including indicators that are measurable.
• Maintain organised hard and soft files of all fundraising information.
• Ensure the website fundraising and communications information is up to date.
Other jobs as required.
• Assist in organizing events as required
• Assist in translation from Arabic to English and vice versa as required.
4. Required Job Skills:
• College graduate, preferably in social studies, international relations, or political science
• Knowledge of the development field
• Exceptional people skills. Ability to work effectively with persons of diverse economic, cultural and social backgrounds.
• Ability to maintain a professional, positive disposition in the performance of job duties.
• Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively in oral and written communications in both Arabic and English. Accuracy in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Computer skills including knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
Experience and Requirements
• 2 years of relevant experience in the field of development is required.
• Strong oral, writing and analytical skills
• Excellent research skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
All CVs with cover letter should be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than 20 March 2017. Please put the job title in the subject field (Will not be considered in any email without the job title)